Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Planning Continues...

I saw a shirt like this on etsy and wanted to buy one for Jake for our wedding. Totally up his alley, right? I was thinking I could get one for Jake and I and we could wear them the day before or something. Mom had the idea that we should make them for everyone who comes to the wedding rehearsal, and I've been kicking around that idea. I also might make a zip-up sweatshirt out of the design myself to wear while getting ready. Anyway, here's a rough draft of the design:


That's far from the only thing I've been up to lately! Mom got some of the dowels for the ribbon dancers (they perform the same sendoff function as bubbles, bells, confetti). Dad cut them into footlong pieces and I've spray painted about 100 of them gold so far. I'm definitely going to add the jingle bells if we find a simple way to attach them. 



The final thing we've been working on is prepping for the cookie bar. As a favor for our guests, we will have several different kinds of cookies (provided by my amazing aunts, etc.) for them to take home. I recently punched decorative edges onto 350 small brown paper sacks (tons of fun, I assure you), and we're still trying to decide what we want to print on them. Did you know you can print onto paper bags? Totally awesome! Here's a cookie bar inspiration picture:


That's all for now! Just wanted to give a shout out to Kelsey, Jake's sister, who just got engaged this week! Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment