Sunday, December 11, 2011

Another Invite Option

I've been working on some more invites, and I'm a little excited about this one. Of course, who knows whether or not blogger will let me put it up; it wouldn't let me upload any of my Photoshop JPEGs yesterday. Anyway, here it is!

I haven't quite figured out how to make the white parts invisible; I'm not exactly an Illustrator wiz, but I'm learning! There are definitely some fonts in here I'm not 100% in love with, but I'll keep working on it. Let me know what you think!

I've had a few hours to play around a little bit, and I added some purple to this one. I started with the flag, but then I thought this might be a solution to my white problem. Does it work? I'd rather have the brown show through, but as an alternative, it's not so bad.


And, because I just can't help myself, I did this one with different central artwork:




3 comments:

  1. Ok, so I'm drawn to the one without the purple. I actually like the white. The white helps to make the "and be" stand out. The second one with the purple is also nice. I prefer the bird as central artwork. The flowers remind me of wheat and then it seems like we might be attending a barn raising or some kind of farmer's market. I don't like the bolded "Our Ladies and Ankeny" in the second one. The first one with less bold font seems more balanced. I'm not sure why. I like that your names stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like the previous one with the brown background and purple flowers. It looks more formal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make some interesting points. I do like the purple one better; the white's fine, but I wish it was the background color and the white just reminds me that I don't know how to make that happen. I see what you mean about the bold letters in the second one. I don't like the un-bolded letters in the first one, but I think something in between would be better. Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete