Saturday, April 28, 2012

Still at It! Invites and Apparel Design

Hi, all! I'm so sorry I've been remiss in my posting. Planning has continued, we've checked some items off of our ever-expanding to-do list, and now I'll tell you about a few things!

First of all, I finally got my invitations printed! I'm not going to lie, I'm incredibly proud of the way my design came out. I'd brag a little, but I'll just show you the pictures and let you make up your own mind! Sorry about the glare on the pictures, the invites are surprisingly shiny!

These are all the pieces. The smaller ones are two-sided: the black on the front and the brown on the back.   Taking this picture with the flash off, believe it or not, provided the most visible results.


Here is what the invites look like all assembled. I'm enamored with the envelopes Mom and I picked out! Now, if only they'd address themselves.... I MAY have bitten off more than I can chew deciding to calligraphy all of them myself.


Now that you've seen the invites, let me show you the less concrete things I've been working on tonight! I'm designing the apparel for the wedding party to wear on the day-of while getting ready. I tried to coordinate them somewhat with the invites. Here's what I've got so far:


I sort of feel like, at this point, everyone else's is cooler than mine! Well, we can't have that. I'm the BRIDE, for goodness' sake! I'm thinking I may have to make the diamond part of the ring entirely out of bling. Now THAT would be fabulous! These are a little difficult to see, so I may upload close-up pics of each shirt later. Anyway, hope you like them!

1 comment:

  1. Your creativity just continues to amaze me Alexa! I love all of it! Can't wait to see your finished invites and shirts!

    ReplyDelete