Sunday, March 18, 2012

Another Quilt Retreat, and Presto! Guestbook

     Last month Mom, RaeAnn, and I went to another Quilter's Cupboard weekend retreat at the Ankeny Legion. We worked hard, finished a ton of projects, and ate way too much junk food (at least, in my case). The best part? I finished three quilt fronts, one for my guestbook, and two for friends who will be getting married this year. Here are some pictures of what we finished:

As we started packing up, we laid out all of the projects we'd finished during the retreat, and it made quite a spread! The three jelly-roll quilt fronts are my contributions.

Here's what the guestbook quilt looked like to begin with:


And here's what it looks like now:


I've still got a lot of work to do before it's ready: it needs a border, and I'm going to applique some bunting onto the front. I love the combination of light colored patterns; I was a little worried some of them wouldn't go together, but I love it!

1 comment: